US DESMO FORUM
my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next newest topic next oldest topic
> US DESMO FORUM  > General Club Discussion > 1199 Panigale (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: 1199 Panigale
zvezdah1
Red Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 14. January 2012 20:11      Profile for zvezdah1  Email zvezdah1  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Man I'm liking this bike more and more, wonder what it'd be like on the 8 hr ride to Mt. Airy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19vGuImVh-M&feature=player_embedded#!

Chris

Posts: 210 | From: ga | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Capo
Administrator

Member Rated:
 - posted 14. January 2012 21:24      Profile for Capo  Email Capo  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
It is a very nice bike. I just wonder why they have air vents at the back when there is no exhaust up there. Also why does Ducati keep installing a rear hub that requires the hub to be removed to replace the sprocket. All the racers convert them to the quick change set up that is much simpler to service.

Are they going to arrive in time for DABR?

Jim

[ 14. January 2012, 21:24: Message edited by: Capo ]

Posts: 863 | From: Waxhaw, North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
zvezdah1
Red Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 14. January 2012 21:51      Profile for zvezdah1  Email zvezdah1  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Jim,
I'm told the S models come out Mar and base models in April, my dealer has 10 pre-sold already.

Chris

ellisdme
White Group

Rate Member
 - posted 15. January 2012 01:36      Profile for ellisdme  Email ellisdme  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
I am not so sure an 8 hour ride would be much better on the 1199 then it is on my 1198. After about 150 miles I start feeling it. For sure this is not a touring bike!

I do like the idea of the wet clutch, and you cannot beat the looks of the 1199. I hope to add one to the collection at some point myself.

Posts: 3 | From: Lake Wylie, SC | Registered: Dec 2011  |  IP: Logged
mikejd
White Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 15. January 2012 15:30      Profile for mikejd  Email mikejd  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Chris - thinking of trading the Ape?
Posts: 26 | From: Martinez, GA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Capo
Administrator

Member Rated:
 - posted 15. January 2012 16:58      Profile for Capo  Email Capo  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ellisdme:
I am not so sure an 8 hour ride would be much better on the 1199 then it is on my 1198. After about 150 miles I start feeling it. For sure this is not a touring bike!

I do like the idea of the wet clutch, and you cannot beat the looks of the 1199. I hope to add one to the collection at some point myself.

I have a 916 and owned a 999 and improved the feel of the bike for longer trips with LSL bar risers. Cycle Cat is now back in business so they are an even better choice. It raised the bars about 1 1/4 inches and made all the difference. From a 150 mile a day bike to a 350 mile a day bike. I have now installed them on my Paul Smart and MV F4S and they are all much easier to ride.

Jim

Capo
Administrator

Member Rated:
 - posted 15. January 2012 16:58      Profile for Capo  Email Capo  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ellisdme:

I have a 916 and owned a 999 and improved the feel of the bike for longer trips with LSL bar risers. Cycle Cat is now back in business so they are an even better choice. It raised the bars about 1 1/4 inches and made all the difference. From a 150 mile a day bike to a 350 mile a day bike. I have now installed them on my Paul Smart and MV F4S and they are all much easier to ride.

Jim

zvezdah1
Red Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 15. January 2012 20:00      Profile for zvezdah1  Email zvezdah1  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
HI Mike,

No way, love this bike an absolute blast, doing my first track day on it at barber march 24th.

One of the first ducs along the blue ridge events I rode my 996 to it, OUCH!! that was a loooooooooooong 8hr ride. Had a trailer the next year.

I do like the panigale tho,
Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Mikejd:

mikejd
White Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 16. January 2012 22:40      Profile for mikejd  Email mikejd  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zvezdah1:
HI Mike,

No way, love this bike an absolute blast, doing my first track day on it at barber march 24th.

One of the first ducs along the blue ridge events I rode my 996 to it, OUCH!! that was a loooooooooooong 8hr ride. Had a trailer the next year.

Chris

quote:

[ 16. January 2012, 22:44: Message edited by: Mikejd ]

mikejd
White Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 16. January 2012 22:43      Profile for mikejd  Email mikejd  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Good to see that you are taking it to the track. Going to bring it to Roebling in April?

I too like the new Panigale, and had some bad thoughts about trading the 848, but figure I ought to learn how to ride the 848 anywhere near it's limits before upgrading...

quote:
HI Mike,

Chris

quote:

zvezdah1
Red Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 17. January 2012 00:00      Profile for zvezdah1  Email zvezdah1  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Mike
I'm hoping to do several track days this year. I'm not a huge fan of roebling but I'll probably do it.

I've signed up for a two day code superbike camp at barber in June so hope to learn tons there!
Chris

zvezdah1
Red Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 18. January 2012 19:45      Profile for zvezdah1  Email zvezdah1  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Ok, so I should have my head examined, I just so like the looks of this bike and I haven't had a ducati superbike since my 996, so.............I put a deposit on a base model at npr. Sheesh, just what I need another bike that scares the hell out of me........well I still got my goldwing! [Smile]
Chris

mikejd
White Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 19. January 2012 01:25      Profile for mikejd  Email mikejd  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Congrats Chris. So we might see you on it at DABR?

quote:
Ok, so I should have my head examined, I just so like the looks of this bike and I haven't had a ducati superbike since my 996, so.............I put a deposit on a base model at npr. Sheesh, just what I need another bike that scares the hell out of me........well I still got my goldwing! [Smile]
Chris

Capo
Administrator

Member Rated:
 - posted 19. January 2012 14:29      Profile for Capo  Email Capo  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
quote:
Chris

Hey Chris None of this makes any sense and it is not supposed to. [Big Grin] I have only ridden one or two bikes that did not scare the hell out of me. [Eek!] I think my Moto Morinin 3 1/2 was one of those. [Roll Eyes] The important thing is that you enjoy it visually as much as the ride. They are rolling art so it all makes sense when you look at it that way. Really who needs a motorcycle/ [Confused]

Jim

zvezdah1
Red Group

Member Rated:
 - posted 19. January 2012 18:27      Profile for zvezdah1  Email zvezdah1  Send New Private Message  Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote
Thanks guys, I'm excited, havent; broken it to the ape yet that she's going to have another italian beauty parked next to her in the garage.

Paul thinks it should be here mid april. WIll be at DABR with it to be sure.

Chris

All times are Eastern
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next newest topic next oldest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: